SoftPot Membrane Potentiometer
Low Form-factor, Low Cost, Low Design Requirements
Optimizing your manufacturing processes can increase your chances of gaining higher productivity and return on investment. Spectra Symbol, a trusted name in the linear position sensor manufacturing industry, provides components that will help achieve your business goals.
The SoftPot potentiometer is a linear sensing device used for tracking position and acquiring the preferred output in a variety of applications. It comes in lengths from 10mm to 2000mm and offers a low form factor of less than 0.5mm, making it the thinnest linear sensor available today. It is also economical and easy to use. You can simply mount it on a surface and activate it using a spring-loaded wiper.
What’s Good about SoftPot
The SoftPot works in multiple configurations, such as linear, serpentine, and elliptical. It operates in temperatures ranging from -45°C to 50°C and is ideal for products that need a sealed sensor with a tight form factor. It’s no wonder it became a popular option for clients in the medical, dental, and robotics industry. The SofPot is also a versatile sensor that can operate by human touch. It can provide the desired linear output regardless of the shape of the product it’s attached to.
Click on above video to view a SoftPot demonstration.
• Use in Actuators:
- Actuators are found wherever position is automated.
- The membrane potentiometer technology offers a low form-factor for the feedback it provides.
- Recommended for use whenever absolute position is required.
• Design into Hand-held Medical Devices
- The SoftPot is ideal for medical environments that rarely gets close to 50°C but require a sealed sensor and a tight form-factor.
- Thin-SoftPot designs are attractive to disposable instrumentation for its high-quantity, low cost requirements.
Contact us today to inquire about our linear position sensors and get a free quote.