Optimizing your manufacturing processes can increase your chances of gaining higher productivity and return on investment. Spectra Symbol, a trusted name in the linear position sensor manufacturing industry, provides components that will help achieve your business goals.
The SoftPot potentiometer is a linear sensing device used for tracking position and acquiring the preferred output in a variety of applications. It comes in lengths from 10mm to 2000mm and offers a low form factor of less than 0.5mm, making it the thinnest linear sensor available today. It is also economical and easy to use. You can simply mount it on a surface and activate it using a spring-loaded wiper.
What’s Good about SoftPot
The SoftPot works in multiple configurations, such as linear, serpentine, and elliptical. It operates in temperatures ranging from -45°C to 50°C and is ideal for products that need a sealed sensor with a tight form factor. It’s no wonder it became a popular option for clients in the medical, dental, and robotics industry. The SofPot is also a versatile sensor that can operate by human touch. It can provide the desired linear output regardless of the shape of the product it’s attached to.
• Use in Actuators:
- Actuators are found wherever position is automated.
- The membrane potentiometer technology offers a low form-factor for the feedback it provides.
- Recommended for use whenever absolute position is required.
• Design into Hand-held Medical Devices
- The SoftPot is ideal for medical environments that rarely gets close to 50°C but require a sealed sensor and a tight form-factor.
- Thin-SoftPot designs are attractive to disposable instrumentation for its high-quantity, low cost requirements.
Contact us today to inquire about our linear position sensors and get a free quote.